Do you require insurance for models?
At Highworth Insurance we understand the requirements of insuring models; in terms of value, craftsmanship and their highly collectable, often irreplaceable nature. Replicas and models are pieces of beauty, representing skilful craftsmanship and considerable painstaking man-hours.
Protection for such pieces is crucial. We have knowledgeable advisors on hand to discuss and advise clients on all forms of model insurance, including model railway insurance and model boat insurance; qualified to recommend competitive quotes based on individual circumstances.
Stand-alone insurance policies
Highworth Insurance a tailor a stand-alone model insurance policy to suit your collection, independently from your home insurance. Options can include:
- Valuations can be on an agreed value or market value basis
- Models are covered for accidental damage and theft
- Items will be insured at the premises you specify and elsewhere for up to 90 consecutive days
- You can extend cover for new purchases. Inform us of any new model within 60 days of acquisition and receive immediate cover.
High value home insurance policy
We offer a number of comprehensive high value home insurance policies at competitive rates. These can be an ideal way to accurately insure all types of models and replicas. Cover options can include:
- No requirement to specify any model below £15,000 – they are automatically covered
- Very competitive premiums when items are incorporated within the home policy
- Worldwide all risks cover
Looking for model insurance? – a few questions to ask first
Insuring models is a specialist business; it is always advisable to use a professional, experienced insurer in models and replicas. From model boat insurance to model flying insurance, with Highworth Insurance Services, there are a number of choices available to you.
Below is a checklist of useful questions to ask yourself and your insurer, before purchasing any type of model insurance:
- In which locations or territories do you need cover; only in your primary home, just the UK or worldwide?
- What’s the claim service like? – Do you need to make sure the full value is insured and there won’t be quibbles if the worst happens and you make a claim?
- What are the security conditions and are they proportionate to the value of the models?
- What is your insurers position if models are stored in a listed building where planning prohibits the recommended security requirements?
- Will you need to insure models in transit? If so, just within the UK or worldwide?
- Will you get instant insurance cover if you purchase a new model or replica?
Highworth Insurance makes high value insurance easy. Please be aware that not all options are available on all policies. We advise you to carefully check your policy summary and policy wording for the exact cover applicable to your circumstances.
Call for a quote
Mon-Fri: 0900 – 1830
Sat: 0900 – 1230
Our specialist advisors will be happy to help with any questions you may have.
Tips & Advice
Use our regularly updated catalogue of helpful tips and advice for all insurance related topics.
Call 01202 937430 to get a quote