Business Insurance

Estate agents insurance built around you

Specialist help and advice with Estate Agent Insurance

Whether you run a local independent, operate a franchise or own a string of estate agents, whatever the size of your commercial operation, at Highworth Insurance we can provide an estate agents insurance package designed to suit you.

By considering everything, from the size of your venture, to your location, composition of your premises and the number of employees, we are able to create an estate agent insurance policy that gives you peace of mind you need, at realistic prices

Here we have listed a selection of the types of cover considered beneficial to a comprehensive estate agents insurance policy:

  • Public liability insurance of £2m to cover injuries to others sustained on your premises.
  • Employee liability insurance up to £10m for anyone assisting you at work.
  • General business contents insurance for items such as furniture, fittings, fixtures and PC’s.
  • Buildings insurance for your property including any areas such as residential flats that are separately let or occupied.
  • Legal expenses offering important support in the event of prosecution, for example over breach of the Health and Safety at work act 1974.
  • Business interruption and alternative accommodation costs in the event of a relevant claim.
  • Up to £1,000 cover for loss of keys or damage to fixed signs and glass.

Estate Agent insurance with peace of mind built-in

  • Public liability insurance, to meet your legal obligations and cover you in the event of an accident on your premises.
  • Employee’s liability insurance – once you employ staff it’s a legal requirement to have the appropriate employee liability insurance in place.
  • Legal expenses cover, to support you in the event of difficult disputes
    • Contractual disputes
    • Employment issues concerning contracts of employment or any employment related legislation
    • Defence of criminal prosecutions and appeals against Improvement Notices under the Health and Safety at Work Act or the Food Safety Act.
  • Business interruption and alternative accommodation costs in the event of a relevant claim.
  • Business contents insurance – your business contents may cover a wide variety of assets. From simple items like equipment and PC’s through to expensive fixtures and fittings.
  • Up to £1,000 cover for loss of keys or damage to fixed signs and glass.
  • Buildings – you may own the building where you operate your retail operation. It normally makes sense to insure the complete building as part of your retail package to ensure there are no gaps in cover. This can cover rental flats and other occupied parts of the building. Options to include accidental damage such as breaking sanitary wear or putting a foot through a ceiling can be included. Unusually constructed properties or those having a history of subsidence or flooding can often be covered with little or no increase in cost.
If you are interested in estate agent insurance, our Specialist Advisors are available to talk you through the options available to you and design a policy based upon your personal requirements.

Kindly be advised that not all options are available on all policies. We recommend that you carefully check your policy summary and policy wording for the exact cover applicable to your circumstances.

Call for a quote

01202 937430

Mon-Fri: 0900 – 1830

Sat: 0900 – 1230

Our specialist advisors will be happy to help with any questions you may have.

Tips & Advice

Use our regularly updated catalogue of helpful tips and advice for all insurance related topics.