Bed & Breakfast and Guest House Insurance
Bed and breakfast insurance packages as unique as your hospitality
At Highworth Insurance we understand that your home is also your business and that you need to protect them both. By understanding the separate elements of both home insurance and guest house insurance, we can tailor a bed and breakfast insurance policy that provides all the cover you need and the valuable peace of mind that comes with it:
- Public liability insurance of £2m to cover injury to a visitor or others – more if needed
- Home buildings and contents insurance to include a bed and breakfast business without unrealistic restrictions – even expensive jewellery or unusual buildings can be covered
- Employee liability insurance normally up to £10m – to cover anyone assisting you in the course of your business
- Legal expenses support to help with problems such as a breach of the Health and Safety at work act 1974
- Damage or loss to others property
- Business interruption and alternative accommodation costs in the event of a relevant clai
Bed & breakfast insurance packages designed around you
All bed and breakfast owners know that it’s a sensible precaution to have public liability insurance. It’s particularly important that any policy covers the specific requirements of a bed & breakfast or guest houses where things such as food hygiene and fire procedures are covered by government legislation. In addition, liabilities increase once additional assistants are taken on. The requirement for employees liability cover becomes a necessity as your home becomes a place of work for others too.
Some owners may not be aware that their home policy may become invalid unless their business use is specifically covered. With bed and breakfast insurance from Highworth Insurance, dependent upon your circumstances, you can select the elements of cover that best meet your needs:
- Buildings insurance – full standard cover with options to include accidental damage such as breaking sanitary wear or putting a foot through a ceiling. Unusual or listed buildings can also be covered, for example thatched properties.
- Contents insurance – full standard cover to include accidental damage. Cover can include accidental damage and theft by guests. Contents cover can also include business equipment such as PC’s.
- Jewellery insurance – if you have expensive jewellery then there’s no need to worry. Many insurers won’t cover expensive jewellery if you’re operating a business with people visiting your home. However at Highworth Insurance we can either include your jewellery in a specialist bed and breakfast contents insurance policy or we offer one of our standalone jewellery insurance policies.
- Public liability insurance that ensures your legal obligations are covered and that you don’t have to fret should there be trips and slips by guests. This is often a mandatory requirement for any quality assessed listings or programmes.
- Employee’s liability insurance – once you take on additional help then you technically become an employer. You also take on the liabilities associated with an employer and in particular meeting the requirements of the Health and Safety at work act 1974. This could be anybody – whether a cleaner, chef or gardener.
- Damage or loss to other’s property.
Kindly be advised that not all options are available on all policies. We recommend that you carefully check your policy summary and policy wording for the exact cover applicable to your circumstances.