Musical Instrument Insurance

Cover a wide range of instruments

Specialist standalone insurance for musicians and their instruments

At Highworth Insurance we understand the specialist requirements of insuring high value instruments and musicians.  From grand pianos to classic electric guitars, we can offer extensive cover options at very competitive prices.  Whether you’re a professional musician or student, we tailor the cover to meet your needs.

Stand-alone musical instrument insurance

  • Specialist policy covering accidental damage, fire, loss or theft.
  • Covers the professional, amateur or student musician and even DJ’s.
  • Wide range of instruments covered, from electric guitars to classic violins and pianos.
  • Up to £3,000 in replacement hire costs should your instrument need a repair for damage covered in the policy.
  • Cover whilst the instrument is left in a music venue, rehearsal room or school, under the direction of a music organiser or teacher.
  • We make it easy to add other instruments to your policy.
  • Options to have UK, Western Europe or Worldwide cover.
  • No excess to pay in the event of a claim.

A broad range of musical instruments can be covered
For example:

  • Electric and acoustic guitars.
  • Pianos, organs and electric keyboards.
  • Classical instruments; violin, viola, cello, brass.
  • Drum kits, synthesizers, digital production and DJ equipment.

A range of optional additional covers available

  • Theft from an unattended vehicle.
  • Public liability insurance of up to £5m whilst using a musical instrument or using sound and lighting equipment.
  • £10,000 of personal accident or disablement cover.

Musical Instrument Insurance included within a high value home insurance policy
This option offers extensive cover and can be a very cost effective way of insuring musical instruments. Highworth Insurance has a range of quality home insurance products suited to protecting instruments both inside and outside your home. This type of policy can provide all of the following:

  • Worldwide cover on an all risks basis
  • Instruments for personal use under £15,000 are automatically covered with no need to specify on your policy
  • Very competitive premiums can be offered when incorporated within a high value home policy

We also have:

As you would expect, at Highworth Insurance we cover a wide range of instruments including: bass clarinet, bassoon, cello, chimes, clarinet, contra bass, contrabassoon, double bass, drums, English horn, flute, French horn, glockenspiel, harp, horn, oboe, percussion, piano, piccolo, saxophone, trombone, trumpet, tuba, viola, violin, to list just a few. Naturally accessories such as bows and cases are also covered.

If you require any knowledgeable advice on the subject of musical instrument insurance, our experienced advisors will be happy to help you.

Kindly be advised that not all options are available on all policies. We recommend that you carefully check your policy summary and policy wording for the exact cover applicable to your circumstances.

Call for a quote

01202 937430

Mon-Fri: 0900 – 1830

Sat: 0900 – 1230

Our specialist advisors will be happy to help with any questions you may have.

Tips & Advice

Use our regularly updated catalogue of helpful tips and advice for all insurance related topics.

Call 01202 937430 to get a quote