Looking for specialist insurance?
Make sure your antiques and collectables correctly insured
Your antiques and collectables undoubtedly give you pleasure and represent a substantial investment. Ensuring that they are properly protected gives you valuable peace of mind should the worst happen.
Stand-alone antique insurance
We offer stand-alone antique and collectable insurance, independently from your home insurance. Each policy is tailored to suit your individual requirements. Options available include:
- Cover for accidental damage and theft
- Items covered at the premises that you specify and elsewhere for up to 90 consecutive days
- Valuations can be on an agreed value or market value basis
- Extend the cover for your new acquisitions. Get immediate cover on newly purchased items, simply let us know within 60 days of acquisition
Antiques covered by a high value home insurance policy
At Highworth Insurance we have a number of specialist high value home insurance policies at our disposal. These provide high levels of cover for antiques and collectable at very competitive prices. Cover options can include:
- Worldwide all risks cover
- No requirement to specify any piece below £15,000 – they are automatically covered
- Very competitive premiums when items are incorporated within the home policy
Art and collections insurance – a few questions to ask yourself
Insuring antiques or collections can prove a potential minefield unless you deal with an expert insurer and have a reasonable idea of the type of cover you require. If the antiques are permanently kept at your primary home and you don’t leave this address unoccupied for more than 30 days, then there are a number of choices available to you.
Most insurers will focus on the value of the antiques and the level of security, such as locks and alarms. Should you not fit a straightforward profile, the challenge of securing the cover you require, at a competitive price, becomes more of a headache. We’ve listed below a checklist of questions you may want to ask yourself before proceeding to purchase antique insurance:
- In which locations or territories do you need cover; only in your primary home, just the UK or worldwide?
- Do you need to make sure the full value is insured and there won’t be quibbles if the worst happens and you make a claim? What’s the claim service like?
- Are the security conditions proportionate to the value of the antiques?
- What happens if your antiques are in a listed building and planning prohibits the requirement to install high security locks to windows?
- Do you need cover for antiques in transit? Is this just for the UK or worldwide?
- If you buy a new work or piece, will you get instant insurance cover?
At Highworth Insurance we pride ourselves on making high value insurance easy, including antique insurance and collectables insurance. Not only can you buy your policy simply and easily using a variety of payment methods, but we understand that in the world of valuable collectables, items can frequently be changing hands. That’s why our High Value Home policy gives you the flexibility you need; we cover a whole range of antiques and collectables including: antique furniture, clocks, watches, medals, coin collections, stamp collections, paintings, fine art, model trains, maps and silver.
Please be aware that not all options are available on all policies. We advise you to carefully check your policy summary and policy wording for the exact cover applicable to your circumstances. Our experienced advisors are always happy to assist you with this and to help you insure that you have the right levels of cover in place for your needs.
Call for a quote
Mon-Fri: 0900 – 1830
Sat: 0900 – 1230
Our specialist advisors will be happy to help with any questions you may have.
Tips & Advice
Use our regularly updated catalogue of helpful tips and advice for all insurance related topics.
Call 01202 937430 to get a quote