Watch insurance to suit you
Watch insurance tailored to your circumstances
The very nature of watches makes comprehensive insurance a must have; worn day in and day out, even the best watches are susceptible to accidental damage. The risk of theft is also increased with respected makes, for example Rolex, Tag Heuer and Breitling, whilst changes to routine, such as holidays, increase the risk of loss.
Stand-alone watch insurance
If you are the proud owner of an expensive watch, Highworth Insurance can provide a stand-alone watch insurance policy, independent from your home contents insurance. This is a comprehensive offering, underwritten by global insurers Catlin Insurance Company (UK) Ltd.
The benefits of a stand-alone policy include:
- Worldwide cover.
- The option to reduce premiums by restricting cover to the UK or Western Europe.
- Comprehensive cover for theft, loss and accidental damage.
- The right to repurchase any recovered watch subsequent to any claim.
- An immediate quote typically available for watches up to £20,000.
- Cover available up to £100,000 subject to discussion with our underwriters
- No excess to pay in the event of a claim.
Cover within a high value home insurance policy
If you are considering listing an expensive watch under a stand home insurance policy, depending on the value of your watch and other valuables you wish to include, it is advisable to be aware of the following:
- It is common for insurers to restrict cover for valuables on standard polices, for example on £50,000 contents cover, valuables can be restricted to £10,000 in total, not per item.
- Standard policies often restrict single item claims. This is often set at £2,000 but can be as low as £1,000.
- Some standard policies carry restrictions pertaining to your security measures and where your watch stored.
At Highworth Insurance under our most popular high value home policy we offer:
- Comprehensive worldwide cover on an all risks basis.
- Valuables worth less than £5,000 are automatically covered with no requirement to specify.
- Up to £80,000 of cover for valuables immediately. More after a short discussion with our underwriting team.
Inclusion within a high value home policy can offer highly competitive premiums, especially when taking into account the value of all items covered within the policy.
Why it’s so important to get the correct level of watch insurance
Expensive watches can make the perfect accessory; stylish, functional, reliable, designed with cutting edge technology and often treasured, sentimental gifts. Worn by both men and women, sometimes with an everyday watch and a watch worn for best, it’s quite possible for an average family to have a minimum of eight watches under one roof at any one time. The replacement value of these alone, in the event of theft, could be extremely expensive without the correct level of insurance cover.
It’s surprising how over time and life’s busy tapestry of special events, birthdays, celebrations and commiserations, your collection of valuables, watches, jewellery, art and antiques can mount up, you may not even realise it until the worst happens.
Expensive Watch Insurance made easy
With the provision of both stand-alone and high value home contents policies, designed to protect your valuable watches, at Highworth Insurance we specialise in finding the right level of cover for you. Our team of experienced, UK based advisors are on-hand to assist you with this and to discuss your particular requirements.
Cover is available for a wide range of watches including:
- Audemars Piguet
- Frank Muller
- Harry Winston
- Jacob & Co
- Patek Philippe
- Tag Heuer